As the floodwaters recede following hurricane Matthew and people begin the difficult task of cleanup in and around their …
Our laboratory has recently published a study which measured the differences between our current integrated pest management (IPM) recommendations for tobacco …
Barely a day goes by when Zika virus is not in the news headlines. As of August 31st 2016, …
This is the final spotted wing drosophila (SWD) monitoring report for 2016. Looking back over the course of the season, we …
Tomato late blight, caused by the oomycete Phytophthora infestans, was reported to NCSU Extension Agent on August 25, 2016 …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Schools & Child Care Facilities
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- Turffiles – Lawn Care Information for North Carolina
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- APHIS Pest Detection and Management Programs
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Pesticide Section
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Pest Management
This publication lists abbreviations used in the North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual.
This manual, updated every year, covers pesticide use and safety information, chemical application equipment, fertilizer …
This publication covers disease control in a variety of crops.
This publication explains control measures that can be taken due to animal damage of crops.
This publication explains plant growth regulators for a variety of crops.
This publication covers chemical weed control and weed response to a variety of crops.
This publication covers insect and disease control in apples, blueberries, caneberries, grapes, peaches, pecans and …
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.