Just Grow It!
Just Grow It! is a 9-week youth horticulture program that can be enjoyed by families and youth between the ages of 5-18!
Throughout the 9 weeks, youth will receive materials and lessons for different gardening topics including:
- Super Seeds – Dig into activities around seeds! Youth will grow microgreens and create their own seed necklace. Learn what seeds need in order to germinate and grow!
- Starting the Garden – Youth will learn all about how to make paper pots, a mini-greenhouse, and grow some seedlings inside for an early start to the garden.
- Planting the Garden – Find the right spot for the garden and get growing by sowing seeds and transplanting veggie seedlings. Gather garden tools and just grow it!
- Garden Care – Figure out how to care for the garden and make plant labels and a rain gauge too!
- Splendid Soil – Learn more about the soil, its role in growing healthy plants, and investigate an earthworm.
- Beneficial Bugs – Find out the buzz on how insects impact our plants.
- Plant Problems – Observe plants in the garden for any issues and try to find out what is causing them.
- Food Safety – Learn how to handle plants with care to keep yourself and others safe while enjoying the vegetables.
- Salad Celebration – Celebrate all of your hard work by making a salad with fresh veggies from your garden!
There will be a bi-weekly optional check-in on Zoom to check garden progress and hear from others also participating in the program.
The N.C. Cooperative Extension of Beaufort County office will provide the seeds, plants, potting soil, hand-outs for each lesson, & other materials depending on funding.
The cost of this program is FREE. Supplies provided are dependent on the amount of youth registered for the program.
Material pick-up will be at the Beaufort County office located at 155 Airport Road in Washington, NC.
- Pickup materials for Weeks 1-3: 4/12/2021
- Pickup materials for Weeks 4-6: 5/3/2021
- Pickup materials for Weeks 7-9: 5/24/2021
Register by April 6, 2021!
Family Sign Up (sign up with this form if you are registering a single child or children in the same family)
Group Sign Up (sign up with this form if you are registering a group of children that are not related in an afterschool or classroom setting)
If you have any questions, please contact our 4-H Agent, Chasady Quinn.