Overnight Summer Camp 2022
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Camp is a place where children can make meaningful connections – with nature, with friends, and with themselves. Children disconnect from the virtual world for a week and get an opportunity to be children again. They get a chance to leave behind the stresses of everyday life and enjoy fun activities like
- horseback riding,
- challenge course (depending on children’s age),
- environmental education activities,
- and SO MUCH MORE!
Beaufort County 4-H is planning to camp at Millstone 4-H Camp from June 26-July 1. Millstone 4-H Camp is located in the heart of the Sandhills, right outside of Ellerbe, NC. The camp has many treasures spread over 320 acres!
The cost will be $450 for the week. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to help you pay for camp, please email our 4-H Agent, Chasady Wudkwych and she will send you a scholarship application. These scholarship applications will be due on March 25, 2022.
If you would like your children to attend camp, please email Chasady Wudkwych and she will assist in getting you signed up. Still not sure? Please read our article Why Should I Send My Child to Summer Camp?
The following measures are currently in place so that camps can operate safely for children amidst the COVID-19 pandemic:
- A pre-screening protocol for campers and staff before and during arrival
- A process of daily health checks of all campers and staff once camp starts PPE protocols for campers and staff in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Modifications to programming and activities to ensure social distancing measures and safety protocols
- A re-designed camper experience utilizing ‘cohorting’ – keeping campers in consistent, small groups during the week to limit campers’ exposure to others
- Modifications to daily schedules to allow additional time for safe hand washing practices before and after activities, meals, etc.
- Modifications to dining hall procedures to ensure safety before, during, and after mealtimes
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines, including the addition of new hand sanitizing stations around camp