Overnight Summer Camp 2021
Camp is a place where children can make meaningful connections – with nature, with friends, and with themselves. Children disconnect from the virtual world for a week and get an opportunity to be children again. They get a chance to leave behind the stresses of everyday life and enjoy fun activities like challenges, hikes, games, horseback riding, canoeing and SO much more!
Beaufort County 4-H is planning to camp at Betsy Jeff Penn (BJP) 4-H Camp from June 27-July 2. The cost will be $450 for the week. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to help you pay for camp, please email our 4-H Agent, Chasady Quinn and she will send you a scholarship application.
The following measures are being developed so that camps can operate safely for children amidst the COVID-19 pandemic:
- A pre-screening protocol for campers and staff before and during arrival
- A process of daily health checks of all campers and staff once camp starts
- PPE protocols for campers and staff in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Modifications to programming and activities to ensure social distancing measures and safety protocols
- A re-designed camper experience utilizing ‘cohorting’ – keeping campers in consistent, small groups during the week to limit campers’ exposure to others
- Modifications to daily schedules to allow additional time for safe hand washing practices before and after activities, meals, etc.
- Modifications to dining hall procedures to ensure safety before, during, and after mealtimes
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines, including the addition of new hand sanitizing stations around camp
If you would like your children to attend camp, please email Chasady Quinn and she will assist in getting you signed up.
Still not sure? Please read our article Why Should I Send My Child to Summer Camp?